Who are we?
BACK IN THE BLACK (BITB) is an industry leading collection and loss mitigation SaaS provider in the mortgage industry. Our products include a self-service portal for the borrower, and a rule based decisioning system that is configurable out of the box as per client’s needs. We are a privately held company and part of an IT conglomerate focused on creating innovation powered business solutions that are shaping the future.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Analyst II role.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Analyst you will interact with subject matter experts (SME), development teams and project management to gather, analyze, document, and develop requirements for software development. You will be responsible for researching information, obtaining artifacts, and interviewing SMEs pertaining to the project scope. This includes analyzing, documenting, and organizing all pertinent information obtained during discovery, and creating functional specifications in cross functional team working sessions.
How will you do it?
- Analyze business and functional requirements through documentation review, interaction with team members and interviews with SMEs.
- Create use stories, use cases, flow diagrams, mapping documents and other artifacts to facilitate working session discussions, creation of technical specifications, test cases and user manuals.
- Assist in preparing, updating, and publishing of policies and procedures, training documentation, job aids, project plans and other cross departmental documentations.
- Track, update and interact with the project tracking tool (Jira) and provide updates to the project management team on project status.
- Communicate and interact with other departments as projects move through the SDLC to ensure success of the projects.
- Stay current on the core BITB software and stand-alone applications built, managed, and maintained by the company.
- Create proof of concepts and/or out-of-the-box configurations to accompany new development modules which supports configuration.
- Work with the configuration manager on the design and configuration approach with new modules for post-production maintenance and usage.
- Document and communicate questions and clarifications required to effectively complete assignments.
Required skills for the job
- B.S. or Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle.
- Experience with writing user stories, use cases and specifications.
- Experience working for a software development or information technology company.
- Knowledge/Experience in SQL query and script writing.
- Skilled in RDBMS databases, Jira, Confluence, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, etc.
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and willingness to learn.
- Proven ability in team collaboration, verbal, and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize/self-direct as needed and follow through on initiatives.
Preferred skills for the job
- Background in a regulated financial services industry, preferably in default mortgage servicing.
- Ability to work beyond 40 hours during emergency and / or scheduled situations.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.